Acting Together: Brainstorm Productions and R U OK? Partnership
Brainstorm Productions has joined forces with R U OK? to help inspire Australian students to be the generation that transforms the way we look out for anyone struggling with life. As the ‘R U OK? at School Partner’, Brainstorm Productions is helping school students across Australia start meaningful conversations with each other by asking “are you ok?”.
"We're learning about R U OK? day and how to ask the question to help our buddies. We loved Brainstorms show 'Buddies'. We loved the actors, the song, learning how to stay calm and work as a team and have self control. It's better to be a buddy, not a bully. We celebrate R U Ok? day."
St Matthews Mudgee
About R U OK?
R U OK? is a not-for-profit organisation whose vision is a world where we’re all connected and are protected from suicide. Its mission is to encourage and equip everyone to regularly and meaningfully ask “are you ok?”. To find out more about R U OK?, visit www.ruok.org.au
How Can Your School Get Involved?
- Encourage students to ask each other the question “Are you ok?”
- Organise a fundraising event at your school for R U OK? Day
- Hold a ‘Wellbeing Day’ and book a Brainstorm Productions student wellbeing program. Ask the whole school to wear an item of yellow
- Change your school’s sign to 'R U OK? A conversation can change a life'
- Hand out cupcakes with question marks to students upon arrival at school and ask them 'Are you ok?'
- Host a free BBQ and write 'R U OK?' on hot dogs and burgers with tomato sauce
- Ask your school to give students an extra half hour for lunch to encourage more conversations
R U OK? at School Resources
Helping students to ask “Are you OK?” can be life-changing. R U OK? provides a range of free conversation resources to get students in your school talking! Follow these links for more information:
CLICK HERE for Classroom Tool Boxes Years 7-8
This kit includes posters, images, email copy and practical tips for years 7 and 8.
CLICK HERE for Classroom Tool Boxes Years 9-12
This kit includes posters, images, email copy and practical tips for years 9 through to 12.
Brainstorm Productions & R U OK? Image Gallery:
For immediate help and support contact:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 and www.lifeline.org.au
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline (for young people aged 5 to 25 years): 1800 55 1800