Auditions for our 2019 Season of 'Sticks & Stones' are now open!
Brainstorm Productions is one of Australia’s largest and most respected educational theatre companies, performing to over 360,000 primary and high school students each year with a range of cyber safety, bullying and student wellbeing programs. Our award-winning productions help schools and students by addressing issues such as bullying, cyber bullying, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, exam stress, eating disorders, violence, harassment, online ethics, decision-making, risk-taking and substance misuse.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 19 YEARS OLD
- Playing range of 16-24
- CURRENT DRIVERS LICENCE and good driving record (Learners licence NOT sufficient)
- Fit, healthy and able to travel away from home
- Energetic and responsible
- Some singing, physical theatre, dance or acro is an advantage
We are currently looking for one Sydney based male actor for a contract commencing 6th May 2019.
Toby (Performing in 'Sticks & Stones' Junior and Senior)
Must be able to sing and have some experience in Physical Theatre/movement.
Contract: 6 May to 22 Nov 2019 (possible extension to 6 Dec 2019) + between 2-5 days prework prior to the Far north Coast rehearsal period.
- 3 weeks rehearsal near Byron Bay (Far North Coast of NSW)
- 14-16 weeks in Sydney
- 9 weeks in Melbourne
- 2-3 weeks holiday in actors' base city
The tour details listed are estimated only, actual weeks will depend on bookings received but should be reasonably accurate.
This role requires an actor with a playing range of 16 - 25 years. However you need to be at least 19 years old so that you have at least one year driving experience, can show a good driving record, and have the maturity to cope with touring. The show is a 2-hander and the position requires you to tour with one other male actor.
Date: Saturday 23rd February 2019
Location: Sydney (details of the venue will be provided if you are invited to an audition)
Initial auditions will be held one at a time – you will need to perform a short monologue provided in advance by Brainstorm and sing ‘Happy Birthday’ unaccompanied. These auditions will be filmed for later reference.
Please arrive a few minutes early to complete application forms prior to your audition. You will be asked to provide information about your driving record, your availability for the coming season, some medical history, as well as your employment history/experience/training.
You or your agent will be advised as soon as possible if you are required to attend a callback later that day.
Callbacks are in groups of 4-5. You will be asked to demonstrate ability to move/dance etc depending on the role(s) we are considering you for. You will also be asked to improvise a variety of scenarios including some school-based situations. No accompaniment for singing and dancing please.
If you are cast
- Before an offer of employment is made you will be asked to provide a Service NSW, QLD Roads or VIC Roads print out of your driving record.
- We will require your permission to conduct a mandatory criminal record check for any history of violence or sexual based offences to provide you with a Working With Children Check number.
- Some individual schools may require us to supply them with your full name, date of birth and Working With Children Check number as part of your ongoing employment.
PLEASE NOTE: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence or child related personal violence to apply for these positions.
Closing date for applications
Applications close Monday 18th February 2019
If your application proceeds to an audition you will be contacted by Wednesday 20th February to allocate an audition time.
Applicants who have not been cast will be notified by email by Friday 1st March.
How to apply
Please make sure your application lists your full name, Date of Birth and the city you are auditioning in (current auditions are for Sydney actors only). Freelance actors please also supply your mobile phone number and email address.
If you are represented by an agent you MUST make your submission through them or at least let them know that you are sending an application directly to us and list them on your application.
Go to our Facebook page to view photos of actors on tour. We look forward to meeting you at Auditions!
Meet the Actors
Meet our current team of actors, who bring the magic of our shows to life!
Booking Coordinator (Theatre in Schools)
Do you want to make a difference? Are you passionate about enhancing the wellbeing of Australian school students?
Are you seeking a position that allows you to utilise your excellent interpersonal and communication skills?
Australia's leading theatre in education company, Brainstorm Productions, is searching for an articulate and professional person to join their team as a Booking Coordinator.
Award-winning and with over 35 years' experience, Brainstorm Productions tour cyber safety, student wellbeing and anti-bullying theatre programs to over 360,000 primary and high school students every year; and are a certified provider by the Australian Government's Office of the eSafety Commissioner.
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive, family-friendly team of eight people at the Brainstorm Productions office located in Alstonville, NSW. The North Coast office supports a dynamic team of more than 15 touring actors and other creative contractors across Australia.
The core responsibilities of the Booking Coordinator include:
- Responding to inbound calls and emails from potential and existing clients (predominantly teachers and other school staff)
- Promoting Brainstorm Productions' range of theatre-based programs to clients and communicating how theatre and the arts can help schools tackle student bullying, cyber bullying and mental health issues
- Nurturing existing leads and converting them to bookings
- Assessing and responding to the individual needs of clients
- Maintaining positive client relationships and building client loyalty
- Problem solving any bookings issues that may arise throughout the tours in consultation with the Director and bookings team (e.g. changes and cancellations).
Equality, inclusion and embracing diversity are at the heart of the organisation, and applications from candidates who are committed to this mission are warmly welcomed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a professional and confident phone manner, and the ability to write clear and professional emails to clients and colleagues
- A genuine respect for diversity, and the ability and willingness to interact sensitively with clients from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of school cultures
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member to help develop customer-focused strategies for acquisition, retention and loyalty
- Exceptional eye for detail and a commitment to achieving thoroughness and accuracy in all communication and database management
- Highly organised and efficient with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Some experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Outlook, and the ability to learn a custom-built database system
- Previous experience developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Excellent computer skills, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working with schools or other educational organisations
- An interest in theatre and the arts
- Salary range is between $50,000-$53,000 per annum (plus 9.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience and qualifications
- The role is a full-time position; however, the option of part-time employment may be negotiated for the right applicant
- Office opening hours are 8.00am to 5.00pm; however start and finish times are negotiable
- Optional RDO
- Christmas closedown
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UP TO DATE RESUME.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence or child related personal violence to apply for this position. The successful applicant will be subjected to a working with children background check prior to employment.